As Dr Seuss says oh the things you will see

Well my freinds this is a crazy and screwed up world we live in . And as i spend my working life as a long haul driver i get to see a side of the world most of you cant see. I see all the citys in North America from the back side. Not the pretty side you see on tv but the real city hiding in the back streets and industrial parks. The true underbelly of the place what i like to call the swub. That means the soft white underbelly. So come along and see our world and the many characters that are hiding in plain site on your highways and roads. my fellow drivers and the supporting staff that keeps them going.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Guns And Squirrel

Well the sign above says it all. On a recent trip to Detroit Mi the customer and or the city had posted this sign on the building. And I myself was glad to see it that meant that at least in theory i was going to be safe when i slept there. I mean what gun and drug toting gang banger was going to ignore the powers to be and blatantly walk around with bad stuff near this sign?  Its like kryptonite to gang bangers i wanted to remove the sign and travel around with it in other city's that it would come in handy. Such as Memphis, Miami, Chicago, Los Angeles and New York. Maybe i can go a step further and paint this on my truck then i would be safe everywhere. Genius why did i never think of this before.
 Well the signs magic powers worked i survived unmolested in Detroit the only shady creature i met was a city squirrel who amused me with his dumpster diving skills this little fellow had more attitude than any angry youth in poor fitting pants that i have ever met and he appears to live large on left over lunches. He had a four course meal right there in urban luxury. So all in all a great night i did not become a statistic about urban crime in the Detroit metro area and i met a surly squirrel who helped pass the time. I did get to meet some local youth when I walked to the 7 11 before dark and they where very pleasant and suggested if I was to get a slushy that the cherry koolaid was the bomb. In the interest of harmony I indeed got the cherry koolaid and if the bomb is good then yes it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment