As Dr Seuss says oh the things you will see

Well my freinds this is a crazy and screwed up world we live in . And as i spend my working life as a long haul driver i get to see a side of the world most of you cant see. I see all the citys in North America from the back side. Not the pretty side you see on tv but the real city hiding in the back streets and industrial parks. The true underbelly of the place what i like to call the swub. That means the soft white underbelly. So come along and see our world and the many characters that are hiding in plain site on your highways and roads. my fellow drivers and the supporting staff that keeps them going.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Dear Tourist

Hello my traveling tourist and vacationer. I am the large vehicle in your rear view mirror. And  I just wanted to inform you that I am at work and your temporally in my work place. And as such maybe you should think about sharing the road in a manner that is consistent with both our needs. Yes your on your annual road trip of fun and frivolity and that's just peachy with me have a blast and enjoy yourself. But like I said I am at my job my work my employment my way of earning a living I am not on a cross country trip of a lifetime. Nope that's not what I am up too and I ask you to PLEASE do the speed limit. You can still marvel at the wondrous things there are to see at 90 km as you can at 80 km. Oh and a little thought on that doing 80 km on the two lanes and 110 km in the passing lanes is a bad idea I may start wishing bad thoughts about you your mother and your mothers marital status when you where born. Let me and the other working folks pass in the passing lanes and as fast as you can say lickity split I will be gone on down the road and you can continue racking up those thrilling memories of your super duper vacation and I will not be a part of your vacation memories. Dear do you remember the angry irate truck driver who wanted to tear your toenails out? No drive friendly and that will never happen. And if all else fails we go back to you being in my work place how would you like me to show up at your job and rearrange the paperwork on your desk as your trying to work it would be darn annoying wouldn't it. So lets be Friends I will drive carefully and considerately and you do the same and we both enjoy the summer. And have a great road trip and i look forward to seeing you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment