As Dr Seuss says oh the things you will see

Well my freinds this is a crazy and screwed up world we live in . And as i spend my working life as a long haul driver i get to see a side of the world most of you cant see. I see all the citys in North America from the back side. Not the pretty side you see on tv but the real city hiding in the back streets and industrial parks. The true underbelly of the place what i like to call the swub. That means the soft white underbelly. So come along and see our world and the many characters that are hiding in plain site on your highways and roads. my fellow drivers and the supporting staff that keeps them going.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend in the south

Greetings from Jackson Tn. I find myself with the day off in beautiful and sunny Jackson. Oh lucky me I am really getting an entertaining weekend and there was no admission charge. I would first like to address the wearing of  camo. I can see the point in it  while I was in the army it made a lot of sense I could blend in with my environment and no one could find me to shoot me. But everyday wear is camo really the best choice to make. One could argue that if you where to run over a camo wearing dude in the parking lot that you could not be held responsible as you thought it was a bush blowing across the lot. Seems to me that a safety vest would be a better fashion choice and a big red flashing light on your ball cap and it would not be overkill in the large truck stops to have a fog horn. Some drivers seem to take it as a personal challenge to see how many gears they can shift from the parking stall to the exit and man nor animal is going to stand in their way. But back to the camo if you must wear it so we all know your a he man hunter dude please don't mix and match patterns. Desert and woodland with a mossy oak cap is just plain confusing. What the heck are you trying to say you couldn't hide any where with that get up. But the best I saw was at the buffet last night BUFFET CAMO. Now i am not sure it is commercially produced or it was the aftermath of a extremely vigorous meal but it was impressive nun the less. I can see it being a great success in certain circles. The saving on laundry alone would justify the cost because no one could tell when it was dirty. This may be my million dollar idea its genius i will sleep on it and maybe tomorrow i will become a very wealthy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment