As Dr Seuss says oh the things you will see

Well my freinds this is a crazy and screwed up world we live in . And as i spend my working life as a long haul driver i get to see a side of the world most of you cant see. I see all the citys in North America from the back side. Not the pretty side you see on tv but the real city hiding in the back streets and industrial parks. The true underbelly of the place what i like to call the swub. That means the soft white underbelly. So come along and see our world and the many characters that are hiding in plain site on your highways and roads. my fellow drivers and the supporting staff that keeps them going.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Baking A Dogs Is Bad. Baking A Long Haul Driver Is Good?

We could all agree that it would be cruel to leave poor Fido in your car when it gets hot,
That makes a lot of sense to all of us.
Well not all of us.... that's why they have this Ad
Some people need to be reminded because they lack common sense.
And that baking your dog in a hundred degree plus car is bad for them.
Sooo that brings me to my point. please read the following sign.
Hell, it sounds so good doesn't it? Don't idle and we will save the world.
We will all be one big happy green planet.
We will gather around and sing kumbayah.
But back to poor Fido cooking or not cooking in your car.
We have already established that that's a bad thing. Correct?
Well my friends, that warm and fuzzy no idling law has turned me into a Fried Fido.
I wish I was a dog.
Then it would be illegal to leave me in my truck on a hot day.
As a truck driver the truck is my home while at work.
That's where I live and sleep when I am not driving.
But because of these laws I am forced to sleep in an over heated vehicle.
Would you leave your windows open in a bad part of town? No you would not.
Why should I have to risk robbery or murder just to stay cool enough to sleep.
Think about it. A dog has more value than millions of long haul drivers.
Yes clean air is great but balance that against human beings trying to live in a challenging job.
Besides, you want us well rested. You have to share the highway with us.
So lets re-think the "anti idle laws" and use some common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment